April 22, 2019

Ghost of the North

I have another tutorial up on the YouTube channel… this time covering a subject I have been asked to talk about dozens of times. That is, […]
April 18, 2019

Arcane Basing

The very first Army Painting series was an interesting phase in my journey of creating miniature painting tutorials.  This is the moment where I had to […]
April 15, 2019

The Brain Trust

As much as I love painting the rank and file miniatures from Song of Ice and Fire, I really enjoy painting the Non Combat units, or […]
April 10, 2019

Skulls, Snow and Blood!

One of my latest tutorials loaded to the Patreon Page showed off the traditional crushed glass snow technique… but with a twist!  This time, I added […]
April 8, 2019

Ancient BONES

The latest YouTube Live session had something very interesting… a combination of a Reaper BONES mini and some Green Stuff World texture rollers! This was a […]
March 22, 2019

Army Painting… a New Series!

The latest Army Painting series has been completed for the Patreon Page!  I have been eagerly awaiting this Morghul Knights unit for my Middle Earth SBG […]
March 20, 2019

Marble Factory: Adepticon 2019

I was able to snap a few shots while I did the marble effects on one of the Adepticon terrain pieces.  Each one started out with […]
March 20, 2019

Twiggy and Squiggy

These cute little guys from Malifaux might spoil your camping trip!  The personality of these was definitely more unique and characterful than the typical GW Dryads. […]
March 17, 2019

Desert Storm

As we prepare for our desert campaigns, we revisit a few of the vehicles painted for that theatre.  One is a Rubicon Crusader, and the other […]
March 14, 2019

Bloody Knights

One of the units that I want to have for my Adpeticon tournament army is the Flayed Men, and I have been working on them along […]
March 11, 2019

The Lion Rolls On

Some of you might be familiar with my previous Warhammer armies like the Lizards and Tomb Kings, which had movement trays with ruined marble of various […]
March 10, 2019

Primer en masse

With Adepticon approaching, it is time to get a lot of Song of Ice and Fire miniatures ready for painting!  I have some NCU’s, activation banners, […]
March 10, 2019

It’s in the Bag!

For quite a while, I wanted to have a decent dice bag for our games of Bolt Action.  While there are plenty of options on the […]
March 7, 2019

Red Alert!

Episode 13 of Painting Dark Sword is now available to the Patrons of my Patreon Page!  I have been tackling a lot of color theory episodes […]
March 6, 2019

I am Groot

These Malifaux Dryads were really interesting to paint, and certainly very different from the GW versions! I was able to do some fun things with the […]
March 6, 2019

More Skull and Bones

Last week I experimented with the Green Stuff World texture sheets for the first time, and the results were very good.  Those bases were sightly larger, […]
March 3, 2019

Live Horses

I know I have talked about this before… but I love the way the Song of Ice and Fire horses are sculpted!  So often I have […]
March 3, 2019

Confronting the Warp

While most of the figures I have been painting lately have been brand new Song of Ice and Fire minis, I still work on figures that […]
February 28, 2019

Yellow Alert: Part 2

The latest Painting Dark Sword video is ready for viewing on the Patreon Page!  This episode builds from the principles first discussed in the original Painting […]
February 27, 2019

Forest Rangers

Here’s a little preview of terrain that will eventually appear in the Song of Ice and Fire battle reports (and some Lord of the Rings reports […]
February 25, 2019

A little different

It has been a very long time since I last painted a GW figure that wasn’t from Lord of the Rings, so this was interesting.  This […]
February 24, 2019

Skull and Bones

The latest Army Painting series begins as they always do, and that is with basing!  Here are some scenes from the first episode. I will be […]
February 22, 2019

Chaos in Oils!

Something old and something new.  In oils. Here we have some old timey Chaos Nights which were painted with oils, which is relatively new for me. […]
February 20, 2019

The Lady Val Live!

My latest YouTube Live session showed how I painted Lady Val from the Song of Ice ad Fire Miniatures Game.  She’s another NCU, and now joins […]