Privateer Press, Inc. (privateerpress.com) is an award-winning publisher of games and game supplements based in Bellevue, WA. We produce the acclaimed WARMACHINE® and HORDES® tabletop miniatures wargames, the Monsterpocalypse® pre-painted miniatures game, the Iron Kingdoms® Full Metal Fantasy and Iron Kingdoms® Unleashed roleplaying games, the Undercity™ and Widower’s Wood™ adventure board games, and the LEVEL 7® survival-horror board game line. We also produce the Formula P3™ hobby tool and paint range in addition to the other products in our catalog. We are focused on producing the finest gaming products on the market today as we continue to build and expand the richness of our games and settings. We are in search of great people who are enthusiastic about producing engaging and enjoyable experiences and who can appreciate the inherent beauty of giant steam-powered robots smashing each other to pieces.
We are a hard-working crew who derive satisfaction from a job well done. We work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment, and we seek a highly confident individual with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with new and existing customers over the phone and in person.
The Account Manager role is a mid-level position and will report directly to the Sales Director. The Account Manager will be responsible for making weekly calls to existing accounts to enhance individual account performance as well as making daily new account cold calls and followups to canvas for new business by maintaining a current call sheet. The Account Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that all accounts are informed of current OP programs, Best Trade Sales Practices, and other promotional and marketing materials.
This is a full-time position in our Bellevue, WA office.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Direct sales (or through distribution sales) to retail stores – existing accounts and new accounts.
• Make direct contact with retailers to promote products as well as gather feedback and data that can be applied to product development and growth strategies.
• Promote sales, retention, and acquisition at the retailer and club level with in-store and club programs such as leagues, release events, and special promotions.
• Liaison with Marketing to ensure marketing goals are being met at the store level and collaborate on future promotions coordinating with product releases, events, etc. Trade Sales will have input with Marketing.
• Coordinate and send weekly emails to retailers.
• Determine product selling points and setting sales strategies. Marketing and Graphic Design will be made available.
• Evaluating effectiveness of sales initiatives. Proper CRM software will be purchased at a later date, if current software is just not adequate.
• Recommend product enhancements to boost sales / gain new customers, such as OP kits, Point of Sale materials, displays, etc.
• Attend events, conventions, and tradeshows as a representative of Privateer Press.
• Travel to industry trade shows (e.g., GAMA), distributor open houses, and large consumer conventions (e.g. Gen Con).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Communication and negotiation skills
• Tele-sale experience a plus with the ability to communicate by phone and email
• Knowledge of Privateer Press product lines
• Knowledge of Hobby Industry – Distribution and Retail
• Able to train and manage sales staff
• Able to be discreet and trustworthy
• Highly organized
• Able to pay attention to detail
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work independently and multitask
• Experience working in a fast-paced office environment
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Must be reliable
• Must be action-oriented and able to complete tasks quickly
• Must be willing and able to travel to industry trade shows, distributor shows, and large consumer conventions
• Medical and dental
• Paid vacation/sick days
• Free and discounted product
Start date: Immediate
1) Prepare a resume of no more than two pages. The filename of the resume should be your first and last name separated by an underscore, and it must be in .doc or .PDF format. Example: John_Doe.doc
2) Compose a cover letter of no more than one page. The filename of the cover letter should be your first and last name followed by “CL”, all separated by underscores. The file must be in .doc or .PDF format. Example: John_Doe_CL.doc
3) Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and make sure the subject line says “Trade Sales Account Manager—[your name].” Example: Trade Sales Account Manager —John Doe.