time to see another private coaching review hit the jungle.
This time Manuel visited me for some painting fun during last years Halloween.
“At the beginning, I would like to thank my great wife for the amazing support. I am very happy to have found a woman who takes me seriously in my hobby, gives me the freedom and even gives me this cool opportunity of a private coaching. THANK YOU!!”
After my first beginner course with Roman in Herne 2016, I was hooked again for my painting passion. I never saw miniature painting as an own way of art. After applying the basic understanding of the color wheel, I wanted to learn more. I want to have the ability to tell stories with miniatures, to be thought-provoking or create feelings.
By a short coordination in advance, the theme “Atmosphere” was quickly fixed and I came to Augsburg, carrying a viking with me that I wanted to paint with Roman. Without further detailing the whole two days, I would like to summarize the contents in short bullet points:
- Lots of theory (love IT) and painting (love IT too)
- Basing improvements
- Deepening of the color theory, context of the atmosphere and effect on the colors
- Painting leather, metal and paint options for structures
- OSL, integration and impact on the atmosphere
- Pumpkins ….
- Cool and deep conversations.
While Roman was doing pumpkins, Manuel had to work through tons of theory to make him understand the principles on how you can create atmosphere.
Manuel came up with the idea to create two figures, themed to Halloween and even connect them together with the bases and our painting plans. This was so much fun instead of just painting up another barbarian. Thanks for this splendid idea!
- Be badass, dare to implement your idea more consistently
- Art is always a port of yourself and your personality
- I can only paint a complete project with the base colors
- Photorealism is only a matter of time.
… and the german version of Manuel’s review
– thanks for writing this up, buddy!
- Viel Theorie und viel Malen
- Basing Optimierung
- Vertiefung der Farbtheorie, Zusammenhang der Atmosphäre und Auswirkung auf die Farben
- Leder, Metall bemalen und Möglichkeiten Strukturen zu malen
- OSL und Einbindung und Auswirkung auf die Atmosphäre
- Coole tiefe Gespräche.
- Sei krass, trau dich ruhig konsequenter deine Idee umzusetzen
- Kunst ist immer ein Teil von dir und deiner Persönlichkeit
- Ich kann auch nur mit Grundfarben ein komplettes Projekt bemalen
- Fotorealismus ist nur eine Frage der Zeit
I am filling up dates for two day private coachings at the moment for the whole year of 2018, but still have to catch up with tons of emails after the winter break. Be sure I’ll be back at you very soon! Additionally check back with the MV roadmap of weekend seminars to certain topics.