My second Warhammer cottage is done. Had planned to sort out some bases for both buildings at the weekend but didn’t have time in the end. I guess it’s time to start thinking about painting them!
I also got a little carried away and printed out plans for the next building in the series, the small town house from WD131. Ended up cutting out parts for two houses so I can try a different wall infill on one.
For now though I think I should put some thought into how to paint the first two models before getting too far along with these. It’s very addictive making these though.
Might be getting a little ahead of myself here but even though I’m still to finish building my second warhammer cottage I have been cutting up some more foam core!
Currently working on North Star Military Figures Servants of Ra for In Her Majesty’s Name. Cultists first then onto the characters. Might print off a decal to put on their robes.
More painted stuff done. This time some new Otherworld Miniatures undead. It was nice to do some skellies again. Went with a much darker bone colour than I normally would too.
Last of the Infinity models here. Pan Oceania Cutter and Knights of Santiago.
Waiting for more varnish to arrive before I post pics of recent models but I have made a start on my warhammer cottage roof at last. Had to wait for the cereal packet to become available so I could cut it up for roof tiles. It’s like being a kid again! Got a little more done on the second cottage too. Just need to finish detailing the door before moving onto the chimney.
I’ve still been working on my Warhammer cottage. It’s taken a while but the chimney is pretty much finished. The bit of plastic brush protector that’s currently acting as the chimney pot will get wrapped in putty and made to look more ‘rustic’. Roof in place. Tricky to fit it as the templates were a bit big so needed cutting down and with the walls being ever so slightly skewed in places it needed fudging here and there. Whilst working on the chimney I got all over keen and started another cottage!
Little and large… (dating myself somewhat there). A couple of Infinity PanO models. Big battlesuit almost finished. Little guy just needs basing. Guess which had the higher part count? 😉
Earlier this year I painted a bunch of pirates, mostly Wargames Foundry models but a few others too. Here they are shown against some fantastic scenery.
The joy of Infinity! 12 parts for a single 32mm model. Sheer insanity. 😵
This is taking ages…. I’ve been building up the stonework on the chimney little by little over the past couple of days. It’s slow going as it is but I also don’t want to risk buggering up areas that are still soft. It’s quite relaxing though and a nice change from feeling like I should paint something.
I had originally planned to use DAS but it turned out to really not be suitable. I didn’t like the texture of the stuff and it wouldn’t stick to anything. No idea how you’re supposed to make anything out of that crap. So greenstuff it is.
Initially I was a bit worried that the stones were a little small. I tried to make them of a size that would look like they were easily lifted by hand so no massive blocks better suited to castle walls. As more has been done though I think they look ok.